It has always been on my bucket list to travel to the luxurious 5-star Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel, so I’m absolutely delighted to share about my recent stay there.
Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel is hidden away on the shores of the unspoiled fishing village of Paternoster, about 145km outside of Cape Town along the West Coast of South Africa.
The 14 exquisite rooms and suites are a fusion of beach style and contemporary luxury with organic lines, hues and textures and an overall feeling of simplicity and pure luxury. Each room at Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel has its own terrace or courtyard and wide doors that open out onto breathtaking views of sky, sand, sea and open tranquil space.
Upon arrival, we were greeted with a glass of bubbly by the super friendly and accommodating staff of Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel. While they checked us in, we enjoyed a beautifully curated cheese platter overlooking some of the unspoiled views of Paternoster, setting the mood for what would be a relaxing 24 hours to come.
There is complimentary Wi-Fi and satellite TV throughout the hotel property, however, TV was for sure the last thing on our minds. We stayed in one of the gorgeous Ocean Suite rooms. The room has all been uniquely decorated with a beautiful handmade stone bath and basins that grabbed my attention immediately. Our room also had a private lounge and outside patio dining area as well as an in room fireplace that was lit up by the time we arrived back from dinner that evening.
One of the best features for me of Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel was their newly launched restaurant. They have superb food on offer. Breakfast is laid on and included in the rates: a healthy selection of fresh tropical fruits, yogurt, toast and drinks. Book whatever other meals you fancy from a range of menus (and at any time of day, just allow at least 15-20 minutes for the chefs to whip up a feast from scratch), including all-day dining and set dinner.
- Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel works well for individuals or couples seeking a tranquil time away in quite open spaces near the ocean and nature.
- I loved the calm, spacious rooms, and the incredible sense of space in both the swimming pool and dining area.
- The beach in front of the room was practically empty, which made it ideal for romantic sunset walks.
- Environmental friendly appliances including solar heating and low energy air-conditioners.
- Handmade Rain bath products in all suites and rooms, their hair products especially was well received, especially for my super long hair.
- As you might know by now, I love a great Nespresso coffee machine in a hotel room, which should be a must for every 5-star hotel by now.
- They also have a daily makeup and turndown service.
You honestly should stay longer than 24 hours at Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel. I would say 2-3 nights is a must! However, book early as it is one of the most sought-after hotels, especially during peak seasons in Cape Town.
Visiting Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel was indeed the highlight of my recent trip to the West Coast. The General Manager Abraham and his staff were top class. I honestly cannot wait to visit the hotel soon again.
You can book your stay with Strandloper Ocean Boutique Hotel directly from their website.
Aerial view photographs were taken with DJi Spark, available from WeFix.